You may also find it helpful to weigh yourself on a regular basis. If you see a few pounds creeping on, take the time to examine your lifestyle. With this self-monitoring, you make it more likely that you will catch small weight gains more quickly.
Childhood Obesity Facts
The obesity problem is generally associate with the adults. But nowadays children and adolescent are being affected by child obesity. Obese children have to face joking behavior of their fellows which results in depression. The ratio of children obesity is increasing sharply during last three decades.
Ask yourself, has my activity level changed? Am I eating more than usual? You may find it helpful to keep a food diary for a few days to make you more aware of your eating choices. If you ask yourself these questions and find that you have decreased your activity level or made some poor food choices, make a commitment to yourself to get back on track. Set some reasonable goals to help you get more physical activity and make better food choices.
Quick Weight Loss Methods
Quick weight loss methods do not provide lasting results. Weight loss methods that rely on diet aids like drinks, prepackaged foods, or diet pills do not work in the long run. No matter how much weight you have to lose, modest goals and a slow course will increase chances of both losing the weight and keeping it off.
Common Strategy to Control Weight
All strategies to control weight and manage obesity recommend promotion of good nutrition and regular physical activity with special stress on the following:
- Ideal Weight Know your ideal weight.
- Energy In Out Ratio Know the caloric values of food stuff and the energy expenditure of different physical activities.
- Physical Activity Encourage physical activity or limit sedentary activity among children and youth.
- Rapid Weight Loss The rapid rate of weight loss should less desire than gradual.
- Maximum weight Loss Ratio Maximum 2 pounds per week for adults is sufficient. There are 3500 calories in a pound of body fat. This would necessitate a deficit of 7000 calories for the week or 1000 calories per day. Expected weight loss of 0.7 kg (2 pounds) per week is desirable and should be the ultimate aim.
- Avoid Quick Weight Loss Misconceptions about “quick weight loss regimens” or “slimming foods” often acquired from popular books and papers must be overcome.
- Abdomen Belt The belt of the abdomen should be reduced to less than that of the chest.