Are cheese sticks good for weight loss? String cheese is the perfect quick snack for any time of day – its small packaging allows for easy storage in your purse or briefcase. String cheese is naturally low in calories, does not contain carbohydrates and is a lean protein, so you will feel full without having consumed too many calories.
Does cheese sticks make you gain weight? Although mozzarella sticks are rich in protein, they are also high in calories, saturated fat and sodium, which can increase your risk for obesity and heart disease. A portion of three mozzarella sticks contains about 6.5 grams of saturated fat and 738 milligrams of sodium.
What is the healthiest cheese sticks?
- Moon Cheese, Cheddar.
- Breakstone Cottage Cheese Snack Pack 2%
- Sargento Balanced Breaks Natural White Cheddar with Almonds and Cranberries.
- The Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Garlic and Herb.
- Sargento Reduced Fat Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sticks.
- Horizon Organic Mozzarella String Cheese.
Is it okay to eat a cheese stick everyday? As long as you don’t have a sensitivity to lactose or dairy, eating cheese every day can be part of your healthy eating plan. In addition to the protein and calcium benefits, cheese is a fermented food and can supply a good source of probiotics for a healthy gut. The trick is to enjoy it in moderation.