Can pretzels make you gain weight? Like potato chips, pretzels are loaded up with salt. Salty foods not only contribute to water weight, but as one study published in the Journal of Nutrition uncovered, salt actually confuses the biological processes that tell you when you’re full. So you’ll end up eating more, which obviously then leads to weight gain.
What are the healthiest pretzels to eat?
- Positive Pretzels Organic Vegan Jalapeño Pretzels. Shop at Amazon.
- From the Ground Up Cauliflower Pretzels. $37 at Amazon.
- Unique Pretzels, Unsalted Splits Pretzels. $47 at Amazon.
- Quinn Snacks Farm-To-Bag Pretzels. $9 at Amazon.
Which is better for you popcorn or pretzels? The Winner: Popcorn!
Popcorn triumphed over pretzels for a number of reasons, as Joyce Hendley originally reported for EatingWell. Whole Grain: First, popcorn is 100-percent whole grain. Most Americans don’t get enough whole grains, and they provide a healthy boost of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
What’s the healthiest snack?
- Fresh or frozen berries with cottage cheese.
- Banana slices with peanut butter.
- Fresh fruit skewers with Greek yogurt.
- Canned fruit such as peaches or pears with yogurt.
- Apple slices topped with almond butter or cheese.
- Peaches with soft tofu.