Can you bleach your hair and still keep it healthy? Bleach can definitely be damaging for your hair, which is why you need to make sure you have a good haircare routine to balance out the damage and keep your hair in the healthiest possible condition.
Do and don’ts after bleaching hair?
- DO visit a professional.
- DO follow a strict hair care regime.
- DO get an intensive hair repair treatment post-bleaching.
- DO use hair products for coloured hair.
- DON’T use hot styling tools for 3 weeks.
- DON’T skip conditioners and oils.
- DON’T use harsh products on your hair.
How long until bleached hair is healthy again? Depending on your hair, it could take up to two weeks before your strands feel ready to play again. If your bleach damage is more severe, you might need a month of care before your hair starts to feel smooth and shiny again.
Does bleaching damage your hair forever? Bleach damage is as cumulative as it is permanent, and your ends will be less equipped to survive it every time. Avoid excess brushing and harsh shampoos.