How do I start Trim Healthy Mama?
- Cut out sugar in all its forms.*
- Stay away from refined wheat products.
- Avoid white potatoes when trying to lose weight.
- Remember to eat every 3-4 hours!
- Drink LOTS of water or “sipper” drinks between meals and snacks.
- Every meal or snack starts with protein.
- Eat lots of non-starchy vegetables!**
What do you eat on Trim Healthy Mama? Trim Healthy Mam embraces healthy carbs such as brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, quinoa, and sprouted or sourdough bread, while keto does not. Keto can be very restrictive, often requiring you to count net carbs in vegetables, etc. Trim Healthy Mama does not count carbs, calories, or points!
How do I plan a meal at THM?
- Come up with 2 breakfast options that sound good to you.
- Plan to eat leftovers for lunches.
- Make a list of S, E, and FP snacks to keep on hand for the week.
- Write down a dinner main dish and side or two for each night of the week.
What can you not eat on Trim Healthy Mama? There aren’t any “banned” food groups in THM—fruits, vegetables, carbs, protein, and healthy fats all get a pass. The main rule of the diet is that you shouldn’t eat carbs and fats at the same time.