How do you eat healthy at a college grocery list?
- Buy in-season fruit and vegetables.
- Take advantage of frozen vegetables.
- Shop in bulk food stores.
- Buy generic/supermarket-owned brands.
- Make your coffee at home.
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats.
- Easy Chickpea Salad Sandwich.
What should I buy for college groceries?
|Produce||Fresh fruits (e.g., apples, pears, oranges, bananas, grapes, etc.) Fresh vegetables (e.g., spinach, broccoli, cucumber, onions, potatoes, etc.)|
|Dairy||Milk Cheese Yogurt Butter|
|Grains and Breads||Bread Bagels Muffins Cereal Oatmeal Rice Quinoa Lentils Pasta Tortillas|
How can college students eat healthy in a dorm? If in a dorm, find snackable sources of nutrition. Try tuna packets, dried fruit, nuts, wholegrain crackers, nut butter, applesauce, popcorn, oatmeal, English muffins, cereal, soups, and quick-cooking grains like bagged rice or quinoa. For your mini-fridge, try cheese sticks, yogurt, fruit, baby carrots, and apples.
What do poor college students eat?
- Ramen Noodles. Ramen can cost as little as $0.07 a package, but many students quickly grow tired of it.
- Grilled Cheese and Soup. All you need is a can of soup, a loaf of bread and a bit of butter and cheese.
- Deli Sandwiches.
- Beans and Rice.
- Chicken Breasts and Veggies.