How do you eat healthy at a tailgate?
- Avoid fried dishes and mayonnaise-based sides.
- Baked foods, fresh fruit, popcorn and pretzels are healthy alternatives.
- Try to limit your alcohol consumption and drink water between beverages.
- Stick to lean meats and healthy slow cooker recipes like chili, stew and soup.
What is a good tailgate menu?
- of 20. Chipotle Chili Dogs.
- of 20. Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings.
- of 20. Restaurant-Style Salsa.
- of 20. Beer Cheese Dip.
- of 20. Braised Beef Brisket.
- of 20. Toasted Sausage Ravioli with Marinara Sauce.
- of 20. Cowboy Nachos.
- of 20. Sloppy Joes.
What is Cajun tailgate food? The most common proteins in gumbo include chicken, sausage, crawfish, crab, shrimp and tasso (TAH-so) — seasoned, smoked pork. The spicy, thick soup is typically served over rice and often comes with a scoop of potato salad.
What can I cook for LSU game? Deep-Fried Food
LSU fans love fried food, and you’ll see a lot of it on game day. Fans will fry almost any type of entrée, including seafood, chicken and turkey. Load up your deep fryer and the ingredients for your favorite fried foods.