Is cheese a healthy snack? Some people are concerned that cheese is high in fat, sodium, and calories. However, cheese is also an excellent source of protein, calcium, and several other nutrients. Eating cheese may even aid weight loss and help prevent heart disease and osteoporosis. That said, some cheeses are healthier than others.
What can I do with too much cheese?
- Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas. Like the best bar food in the world, but right here in your own kitchen.
- Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells.
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes.
- Spicy Cheesy Artichoke Dip.
- Hot Cheesy Scallion Kale Dip.
- Creamy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese.
- Very Cheesy Orzo Casserole.
- Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup.
What cheese has lowest calories?
- Parmesan. Calories per serving: 20* Serving size: 1 tablespoon.
- Part-Skim Mozzarella. Calories per serving: 70-80. Serving size: 1 slice/stick.
- Camembert. Calories per serving: 85. Serving size: 1 oz. (
- Swiss cheese. Calories per serving: 100.
- Cottage Cheese. Calories per serving: 164.
Is cheese good for dinner? If healthy dinner ideas don’t usually appeal to you, you probably haven’t yet figured out that there are plenty of options for healthy dinners with cheese. I’m not saying cheese necessarily makes everything better, but—well, scratch that: Cheese absolutely makes everything better.