Is it healthier to make your own cat food? It is virtually impossible to make a nutritionally complete and balanced cat food without the use of vitamin and mineral supplements. Be wary of any recipe that claims to provide all the nutrients your cat needs without supplementation.
How do you make healthy cat food?
- Choose Canned Food Over Kibble.
- Choose Balanced Food.
- Careful with Homemade Foods.
- Pay Attention to Your Cat’s Specific Needs.
- Avoid Foods Toxic to Cats.
- The Amount and Frequency of Feeding.
- Keep Your Cat at an Ideal Weight.
- Transition to New Foods Gradually.
What all homemade food can cats eat?
- Fish. While you don’t want your kitty eating from the aquarium, feeding him oily fish such as tuna or mackerel can help his eyesight, joints and brain.
- Meat. Poutry, beef and other meat is a natural option for your little carnivore.
Can cats survive on homemade food? While it’s not impossible for a cat to thrive on a homemade diet, it is very difficult to create a homemade cat food that is nutritionally complete and balanced. This is why most veterinarians recommend keeping your cat on a commercial cat food.