Is NESQUIK actually healthy? Nesquik contains (not-so-healthy) red seaweed
Ordinarily, the words “organic” and “seaweed” conjure up antioxidant-, fiber-, and mineral-rich healthy eating. However, carrageenan, the processed red seaweed found in Nesquik, is not quite so virtuous.
What are the benefits of drinking NESQUIK?
- It gives a great taste to your milk.
- It makes your day starts great.
- Together with the nutrition of milk, Nesquik helps you grow better.
- It’s rich in Vitamin C, D, Iron and Zinc.
- It contains 10% of the liquids that the body needs.
Is NESQUIK just sugar? Nesquik ready-to-drink beverages will also contain 10.6 grams of added sugar per eight-ounce serving, but 22 grams total due to lactose, a naturally occurring sugar. “Added sugars” are sugars and syrups added to foods when they are processed or prepared, as opposed to naturally occurring sugars.
Is Nestle chocolate milk healthy? Chocolate milk provides important nutrients — such as calcium, protein, and vitamin D — which may benefit health. However, it’s high in calories and added sugar, which can contribute to weight gain and may increase your risk of certain chronic diseases.