Everybody loves healthy teeth. Strong, white teeth are an added feature that makes you look much better and increase your self-confidence. It is for this reason that millions of people throughout the world spend billions of dollars every year in the search of dentistry options that will help them have and maintain beautiful, healthy teeth. There are numerous procedures, both natural and technological, that have been developed over the years specifically to satisfy this demand for good teeth and a good proportion of these procedures will cost you an arm and a leg to acquire. The good news is that you do not have to spend all that money and there are several simple processes that are very easy to execute, but which in the end will be able to help you achieve the same results as those of the expensive treatment, if not better results.
The six tips listed below should help you to maintain healthy clean teeth at very little cost. It is worth mentioning here that all of the tips below require dedication in maintaining the stated routines and procedures since the results of the efforts only begin to manifest in the long run. These are not tips to help you get your teeth white and healthy in a single day.
1) Brush your teeth regularly- It is important to brush teeth following each and every meal that you take. This includes the snacks, which most people tend to overlook in the opinion that not much damage can come from snacks. In addition, brush your teeth every night before you go to sleep and every morning once you wake up.
2) Use dental floss every day- you should make an effort of flossing your teeth as many times as possible. The flossing should be limited to at least once every single day. Flossing teeth is important since the dental floss is able to reach deep places in between your teeth that the toothbrush cannot and to remove calculus from there.
3) Brush or scrape your tongue- Many people brush only their teeth and forget about the tongue. Your tongue too harbors the same kind of food leftovers on which the bacteria and the teeth are in constant touch with the tongue so it makes good sense to brush both. You can alternatively use a tongue scraper to achieve even better results.
4) Irrigate your teeth and gums daily- You should learn how this is done and do it every day. Oral irrigation gets rid of the hidden bacteria.
5) Use the right nutrition- The dietary benefits to the teeth cannot be overemphasized. There are a number of vitamins and minerals that can only be found in food and which are essential to strong teeth.
6) Visit your dentist regularly. This should be carried out a minimum of twice every year.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/dental-care-articles/six-great-tips-to-healthy-teeth-5383024.html
About the Author
Pendragon Health, a leading cosmetic dentistry clinic, is situated in London, UK. We have an excellent team of cosmetic dentists who provide the highest level of patient care.