What do gluten-free people eat for snacks?
- Popcorn with fruit, chocolate, and peanuts.
- Turkey-wrapped cheese sticks.
- Instant oatmeal with apple, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Cucumber-hummus sandwiches.
- Grass-fed beef jerky.
- Fruit and nut tortilla roll-up.
- Toast with beans and olive oil.
- Yogurt parfait with granola.
How can I eat gluten-free while traveling? Good options include: Canned whole or refried beans, canned gluten-free soup, canned fish (tuna, salmon, sardines), whole fresh fruit, avocados, nuts/seeds, dried fruit, gluten-free granola, quick cook brown rice, corn chips, popcorn, rice cakes, nut butter, jam, and whole-grain gluten-free bread.
Is gluten-free snacks healthy? Gluten-free snacks can be nutrient-dense and versatile. Options like almond butter on rice cakes, flaxseed crackers with cheese, or hummus with sliced bell peppers contain fiber, fat, and protein—main components that make snacks satisfying.
Are gluten-free snacks good for weight loss? No. There’s absolutely no evidence that simply getting rid of gluten will result in weight loss. But if you eat a gluten-free diet you may make healthier food choices because you’re more aware of how to read food labels.