What is a good nutritious snack for a toddler?
- Yogurt. Yogurt is an excellent snack for kids because it’s a good source of protein and calcium.
- Celery with peanut butter and raisins.
- Trail mix.
- Sliced pears with ricotta cheese.
- Cottage cheese.
What are good 2 year old snacks? Canned tuna, salmon or sardines mashed into whole-fat Greek yogurt. Peanut butter and warm brown rice. Cooked kale shreds, with raisins and olive oil. Whole white butter beans and chopped herbs like cilantro or mint.
What can I give my toddler as a snack?
- Hummus (on crackers, bread, or as a veggie dip)
- Chickpeas (like these Soft-Baked Cinnamon Chickpeas)
- Chopped cashews and walnuts (2 or 3 and up)
- Cubed chicken.
- Cubed turkey.
- Deli meat (sliced turkey, ham, or salami, cut up as needed)
- Edamame, thawed and out of the pods.
- Frozen peas, thawed.
What foods keep toddlers full?
- Whole-grain breads.
- Bran cereals.
- High-fiber fruits (apples, bananas, berries)
- Raw high-fiber veggies (broccoli, carrots)
- Beans, lentils and legumes.
- Dried fruits (raisins, apricots, figs, dates)
- Nuts (cashews, peanuts almonds)