What is planning for healthy babies in Georgia? Welcome to the Planning for Healthy Babies® (P4HB) program, Georgia’s family planning demonstration waiver created by the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH). This program was developed to assist the Department in reducing the number of low birth weight (LBW) and very low birth weight (VLBW) births in Georgia.
What is GA Medicaid family planning services? Participants in the P4HB program are eligible for family planning services covered by the Georgia Medicaid program including: • Family planning initial exam and annual exam. planning visits. Pregnancy tests and pap smears. referrals to social services and primary health care providers.
How can I grow my baby healthy?
- Take a prenatal vitamin.
- Exercise regularly.
- Write a birth plan.
- Educate yourself.
- Change your chores (avoid harsh or toxic cleaners, heavy lifting)
- Track your weight gain (normal weight gain is 25-35 pounds)
- Get comfortable shoes.
- Eat folate-rich foods (lentils, asparagus, oranges, fortified cereals)
How do I activate my newborn Medicaid in GA?
- Online: Go to New Member Enrollment and follow the steps.
- By phone: Call 1-888-GA-Enroll (1-888-423-6765). Tell them you want to choose Peach State Health Plan.
- On paper: Use the form you get in the mail from Georgia Families®.
- In person: Meet with an enrollment counselor in person.