What is the best fertilizer for pine trees?
- Miracle Gro’N Shake Feed.
- Scotts Continuous Release Fertilizer.
- Compost Tea.
- Jobe’s Evergreen Fertilizer Spikes.
- Treehelp Premium.
- Fertilome Tree Food.
- Nelson NutriStar Tree Food.
- Miracle Gro Fertilizer.
How do you know if a pine tree is unhealthy?
- Discolored Needles. This is one of the most noticeable signs that something is wrong with your tree.
- Needles Dropping Early.
- Spots on the Pinecones.
- Pealing Bark.
- Broken Spots or Weak Spots.
- Holes or Sawdust on the Branches.
- Leaking Sap.
- Large Cankers.
How do you keep a pine tree alive?
- Ensure your pine is located in full sunlight.
- Help the soil drain better.
- Remove dead or dying branches immediately.
- Watch for insect damage or diseases.
What nutrients do pine trees need? Like most plants, pine trees require three main nutrients: nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Calcium, magnesium and sulfur are also required but in lesser amounts. A slow-release fertilizer is more effective at matching the needs of the individual tree.