What is the best food to feed a small dog?
Here are The Dog Food Advisor’s top 10 best small breed dog foods for August 2022.
- Taste of the Wild Appalachian Valley Small Breed Recipe.
- Merrick Classic Small Breed Dog Food.
- Nom Nom Fresh Dog Food.
- Nulo Freestyle Small Breed Dog Food.
- Instinct Original Small Breed Dog Food.
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Small Breed Adult.
What is the healthiest food to give your dog?
10 Superfoods for Dogs
- Kale. This supercharged leafy green contains loads of vitamins, including A, E, and C.
- Carrots. Crunchy and naturally sweet, carrots are loved by most dogs.
- Sweet Potatoes.
- Nori (dried seaweed)
- Chia seeds.
What food can I feed my dog instead of dog food?
- Plain, low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Mild cheeses, such as American.
- Cooked white or sweet potatoes.
- Cooked eggs, such as scrambled eggs.
- Rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed.
- Cooked lean meat, such as chicken, beef, or turkey.
- Cooked or raw fresh vegetables, such as carrots, corn, and broccoli.
What dog foods should I avoid?
To help you with this, we have listed ten ingredients to avoid in dog food.
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole) First on our list is butylated hydroxyanisole, also known as BHA.
- White Flour.
- Meat Meal.
- Artificial Food Coloring.
- Corn Syrup.
- Rendered Fat.
- Vegetable Oil.
- Farmed Salmon.