What is the healthiest food group? 5 major food groups
fruit. lean meats and poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts and seeds, legumes or beans. grain (cereal) foods, mostly wholegrain or high cereal fibre varieties.
What are the 7 principles of healthy eating?
- Eat a variety of different foods.
- Eat staple foods with every meal.
- Eat legumes every day.
- Eat vegetables and/or fruits every day.
- Use little fats and sugar.
- Eat animal and milk products regularly.
- Eat the right amount of food to keep a healthy weight and exercise regularly.
What are the 3 P’s for eating healthy?
- Plan meals and snacks for the week around a set budget.
- Find quick and easy recipes in the MyKitchen section of yumpower.com.
- Include meals that will “stretch” expensive food items (stews, casseroles, stir-fried dishes).
- Make a grocery list.
What are the 5 groups of healthy eating?
- Fruit and vegetables.
- Starchy food.