What is the healthiest spread for a sandwich?
Here are some healthier sandwich spread options to add to your low-calorie diet:
- Hummus. Made from chickpeas, sesame seeds and olive oil, hummus is rich in protein and good fats and is also extremely flavourful.
- Mashed Avocado.
- Ricotta Cheese.
- Mashed Berries.
- Homemade Peanut Butter.
What can I use instead of mayo on a sandwich?
9 Scrumptious Mayonnaise Substitutes (Including Vegan Options)
- Sour cream. Sour cream can add a fresh zip of flavor to almost any recipe that calls for mayonnaise.
- Pesto. Pesto is a popular paste-like sauce made from pine nuts, basil, garlic, cheese, and olive oil.
- Greek yogurt.
- Olive oil.
Which sandwich spread is best for weight loss?
10 Healthy Sandwiches For Weight Loss
- Peanut Butter And Banana Sandwich. Save. Image: Shutterstock.
- Tuna Salad Toast. Save.
- Berry And Almond Butter Sandwich. Save.
- Eggplant And Mozzarella Sandwich. Save.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Save.
- Grilled Cheese With Mushroom. Save.
- Egg And Cheese Sandwich. Save.
- Taco Salad Sandwich. Save.
What spreads are good on sandwiches?
I’ve included recipes for 4 of them, and they all have just 5 ingredients or less!
- 1 – Honey Mustard Mayonnaise. Let’s start off with a classic combo: honey mustard mayo!
- 2 – Pesto. Next up, we have one of my favorites: PESTO!
- 3 – Chipotle Mayonnaise.
- 4 – Spicy Avocado.
- 4 – Cream Cheese and Chive.
- 6 – Jam.