What is wrong with Fancy Feast wet cat food? Mercury Containing Fish
In fact, many Fancy Feast cat food products contain fish that may carry high levels of mercury. These products can cause the effects of mercury poisoning over a long period of time, and it can result in severe health problems. One common effect of mercury poisoning is kidney damage.
What is the healthiest wet food for a cat?
- Best Overall: Wellness Turkey & Salmon Canned Cat Food at Chewy.
- Best for Weight Gain: Tiki Pets Wet Food Salmon at Chewy.
- Best Kitten: Purina Fancy Feast Wet Kitten Food at Chewy.
- Best for Seniors: Purina Pro Plan Senior Canned Wet Cat Food at Chewy.
- Best Natural: Weruva Wet Cat Food Pouches at Chewy.
- Best Grain-Free:
What are the top 5 healthiest cat foods?
- Weruva Paw Lickin’ Chicken Formula.
- Purina Beyond Dry Cat Food (Salmon)
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Canned Pâté (Chicken)
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Kibble Recipe (Chicken)
- American Journey Dry Cat Food (Salmon)
- Whole Earth Farms Dry Cat Food (Chicken)
Does Fancy Feast make cats sick? Popular proteins, such as chicken and seafood, are also common allergens seen in cats. Many cat owners are delighted with the cost and availability of Fancy Feast foods. But while their cats seem to enjoy the taste, they may also be developing an allergy to one or more ingredients in the food.