What should we eat to stay healthy? Emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products. Includes a variety of protein foods such as seafood, lean meats and poultry, eggs, legumes (beans and peas), soy products, nuts, and seeds. Is low in added sugars, sodium, saturated fats, trans fats, and cholesterol.
Why is it important to stay healthy and eat the right foods? A healthy diet is essential for good health and nutrition. It protects you against many chronic noncommunicable diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Eating a variety of foods and consuming less salt, sugars and saturated and industrially-produced trans-fats, are essential for healthy diet.
What are the 4 suggestions for eating right?
- Choose good carbs, not no carbs.
- Pay attention to the protein package.
- Choose foods with healthy fats, limit foods high in saturated fat, and avoid foods with trans fat.
- Choose a fiber-filled diet, rich in whole grains, vegetables, and fruits.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits.
What are 5 tips to eat and stay healthy?
- Eat a variety of food.
- Cut back on salt.
- Reduce use of certain fats and oil.
- Limit sugar intake.
- Avoid hazardous and harmful alcohol use.