What snacks are good for nursing mothers?
- Oatmeal protein balls.
- Cucumbers with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- Crackers and cheese.
- Dried fruit.
- Antipasto kabobs.
- 5-ingredient banana blender muffins.
- Fruit and yogurt smoothie.
- Toast with peanut butter and banana.
What foods are good for nursing moms?
- Whole grains. Breads.
- Salmon and sardines. An excellent source of protein, salmon is rich in vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Beef. Breastfeeding moms have more need for the mineral zinc.
- Leafy green vegetables.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Legumes and beans.
- Nuts and seeds.
What snacks are good for milk production?
- Milk and Protein Bars. These bars are easy to carry around in your diaper bag.
- Natural Yogurt and Granola. Yogurt is a tasty source of calcium which is very useful for a young baby.
- Cheese with Whole Grain Crackers.
- Peanut Butter and Bananas.
- Hardboiled Eggs and Fresh Fruit.
Can you snack while breastfeeding? A great snack option is to make your own trail mix. You can add granola, almonds, raisins, seeds, cashews, dried fruit, and any other favorite bite-sized treats you love. Take a snack bag with you when you sit down to nurse. These food choices will also help with your own personal health.