What’s the healthiest way to eat artichokes? Some people choose to peel away the petals of the artichoke and only eat the center, or “heart.” However, some of the best nutrients are concentrated in the leaves. To get the full health benefits, you can pull the leaves off the artichoke and scrape off the meaty part with your teeth.
What is good to dip artichokes in? Agave (or Honey) Mustard Dipping Sauce:
1 tablespoon yellow mustard. 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey. 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
What does well with artichokes?
- Dairy: melted/drawn butter, cream cheese, goat cheese, sour cream, cream sauces, Parmesan cheese, and feta cheese.
- Produce: spinach, lemon, garlic, onion, avocado, eggplant, sundried tomatoes, shallots, potatoes and arugula.
- Herbs & Spices: olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon pepper, and basil.
What flavors go well with artichokes?
- butter + garlic + lemon + parsley.
- cream + parmesan + thyme.
- garlic + lemon.
- lemon + garlic + mint.
- olive oil + garlic + lemon + thyme.
- garlic + mint.
- lemon + mint + yogurt.
- lemon + onions.